Survivor

Survive: to remain alive or in existence after

Survivor: One that survives; someone capable of surviving changing conditions, misfortune, etc.


Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Master of Manipulation

Once again we met at my house.  I don't remember how we even got him there, it wouldn't have been difficult.  My Mother was actually out of town visiting Lynn and her family.  It all fell into place.

To say I was terrified would be an understatement.  This is something I had dreamed of doing, but never, ever thought would really happen.  We were all sitting around my living room, Ann, Carrie, my husband Raul, myself and HIM.  As I type this, I am fairly certain that it was Ann yet again who stepped up.

"We told Carrie about what you did us when we were little"  she said with confidence.

As we sat in silence I remember thinking that I knew this would happen, he was going to deny it all.

All of his colored drained from his face and barely above a whisper, "What do you mean" he croaked.

Her confidence growing, she said "You know what I mean."

Had this really just taken place in the middle of my living room or was this all a dream?

Luckily or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, it definitely took place.  He admitted to the sexual abuse!  He did not deny it, however his explanation was sickening.  To this day, when I think of what he offered up as an explanation I am reminded of how sick of an individual he really is.

"I wanted you all to be a part of me" he said.

We explained to him that we wanted him to attend therapy, as well as tell our mother what he had been doing to us for so many years.  Then he did what he does best and turned the tables on us all.  He became the victim of a nasty uncle.  He became the man capable of suicide.  He spoke to us in a voice that was like nails on a chalkboard, apparently meant to sound like crying or whimpering, when in reality it was simply disturbing!  He tried to talk us out of therapy, his fear of losing his job was all he focused on.  He worried that his employer would find out through his medical insurance that he was attending therapy and somehow they would know why.  I honestly think he was more worried that he could end up in jail.  His job?  We had lost our childhoods and so much more.

When it was all said an done, Raul followed this man home, to remove any firearms from the home.  He had done such a disgustingly fabulous job of being the victim in this scenario that we all feared he would in fact follow through with what he had threatened all these years and we had gone into protection mode.  Protecting him, after all he had done to us.

Master of Manipulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment