Survivor

Survive: to remain alive or in existence after

Survivor: One that survives; someone capable of surviving changing conditions, misfortune, etc.


Monday, February 28, 2011

It was a simple phone call...

...that changed my life forever!

I was watching television, it was one of those documentary type programs that are on after the kiddos are in bed.  It was about a woman named Angela Shelton.  She was making her own documentary by driving around the United States and meeting other women named Angela Shelton.  She was amazed at the number of these Angelas that were also victims of sexual assaults, as she was a survivor herself.

My phone rang and my sister, who I will call "Ann", is on the other end.  I can tell that she is upset, but she often has this tone when she calls.

She says "Do you remember what happened to us when we were little?"

I swear at this point my world just stopped spinning.  You see, Ann had never once acknowledged what had happened to us when we were little.

I slowly and quietly replied "Yes, I remember."

Her reply chilled me to the bone, I remember her words just like they were said only five minutes ago.

"I think the same thing is happening to Timmy"  Ann said.

No comments:

Post a Comment